CCPA : California Customer Privacy Act
CCPA: California Customer Privacy Act
We breathe in the realm of evolving digitization where data lies at the core of the business we do.
It is imperative to deriving trailblazing insights, to innovate new products, services & solutions & opt for a scientific approach to outshine with our marketing & advertising services.
Datafortune Inc abides by the regulations of the California Customer Privacy Act (CCPA) (effective from 1/1/2020, officially called AB-375) to mitigate the data accessibility & control risks pertaining to the collection, processing & movement of the personal data of the customers.
Types of Personal Data Collected
The personal information collected by Datafortune Inc falls beneath the subsequent categories:
- Identifiers: This Data Set comprises of a real name, postal address, online identifier, Internet protocol address, and other similar identifiers.
- Search Histories: This data set includes the search history & browser history of the customers.
- The Electrical Data: This data includes the details of customers derived from the call recording software.
Why do we collect and process information: how we are using it & what the purpose of this information is.
Collection of personal data is an essential element of the client relationship management. Datafortune Inc assures you of collection & processing of your personal data in pre-defined & lawful ways for the following purposes:
- To live up to our objective to elevate our advertising & marketing services to new heights.
- To precisely target our marketing niches & develop our services as per our customers ‘expectations
- To match up to the evolving research habits & expectations of the customers & give them what they want by hyper-personalizing our services
How Do We Collect & process information?
Your personal data is amongst the most important business assets for us. Having an enhanced understanding of our customers assures that we are aptly able to address their needs. This helps us in meeting or exceeding the expectations of the customers. We assure you that our methods for collection and processing of personal information are lawful & in congruence with the norms of CCPA.
We employ a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool for the collection, organization, mapping, preparation, analysis & activation of personal data.
We collect the data in the following steps:
- We determine what information we want to collect. The data is collected only if it is permissible under the CCPA guidelines
- We can track the personal data as old as 12 months
- We store & organize your personal data in CRM & thereafter it is further processed
- We analyze the data & implement the insights driven from data analysis
Methods by which Customers can request to access, change, move, or delete their personal data
Customers can request access to their personal data, can ask to change or upgrade it and can even request to move or delete it. The requests can be submitted to the email address email@example.com
Datafortune Inc is bound to deliver the disclosures through email or electronically as per the request of the customers.
Method for Verifying the identity of a person who submits a request
Datafortune Inc is obliged to ensure that we leverage rational security procedures whenever one requests for access, up-gradation or deletion of their personal data.
The identity of the data subject is verified by matching the email address of the customer and if it is the same one from which the opt-in request was made.
We don’t process any requests regarding the personal information of our customers unless we are 100% sure of their identity. If we fail to authenticate the identity we refuse to give anonymous persons any kind to say over the personal information & can ask for additional information to validate the identity.
Sales of users’ Personal Data & how Customers can opt-out of the selling of their Data
As per the CCPA stature, a “sale” of personal data means that data is exchanged directly for money or similar valuable consideration. Datafortune Inc reserves the right to selling, renting, disseminating, transferring or communicating the personal information of the customers orally or in written format to third-parties for monetary or commercial purposes such as cross-context behavioral advertising.
As the draft regulations of the attorney general of California under CCPA mention, Datafortune Inc ensures that it abides by CCPA’s opt-out requirements.
Why Opt-out of the Processing of Personal Data
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for us to process your opt-out request.
Note: You can opt-out of their data being sold by Datafortune Inc using both the desktop or mobile devices.
Non-discriminatory Practices to Ensure Equal Treatment for the residents of California
Abiding by the section 1798.120 of the CCPA, Datafortune Inc is accountable not to discriminate against its customers who are residents of California, just because they choose to exercise the rights they are entitled to under CCPA.
Datafortune Inc is assured customers’ rights to exercise opt-out of collection or monetization of personal data, whenever they wish to.
Customer Rights under CCPA
Datafortune Inc is obliged to protect your data privacy. We hold ourselves accountable & demonstrate compliance with the latest international data protection regulations.
The following is a list of customer rights under CCPA:
- The Right to Access or Disclosure of the Personal Data
- The Right to Erasure or Delete Personal Data
- The Right to Data Portability
- Right to opt-in for Personal data processing & restriction of Data Processing i.e. Right to Opt-Out
- Right to being prohibited from discrimination having exercised their right pursuant to CCPA such as the right to opt-out of gathering or monetization of their personal data
The customers can exercise their right to notice for personal data, right to access, right to opt-in or opt-out, right to deletion of data & right to equal services & prices by contacting Datafortune Inc electronically or dropping us an email at email@example.com
Datafortune Inc reserves the right to amend its privacy notice at any time at our discretion. We can also disclose individually identifiable information on specific government requests & if any sensitive circumstances demand us to do so to keep the lawful outlook intact. We reserve the right to decide on the third-parties we want to share our site information with.
As CCPA wording is open for interpretation & will keep on evolving, our privacy policies may be tweaked slightly. You are free to get in touch with us electronically through our website or can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org